Apr 1, 2013

Squirrel

Small stuffed squirrel of felt. About 7 centimeters in height.
Squirrel of felt

Squirrel has a nut

Pattern of the squirrel.
Pattern

Pieces. No seam allowance.
Cutting

Sew the darts of the cheeks and the belly with back stitch. Darts are sewn from inside.
Sew darts

Sew the crown to the head from outside.
Sew head

Sew the belly to the body.
Sew body

Put wires in the legs.
Stuff fiberfill in it.
Stuffing

Stitch the nose. It is the same as the rabbit's.
Attach the eyes.
Nose and eyes

Sew the ears. Fold the ear and sew it to the head.
Sew ears
Attach ears

Sew the tail. Put fiberfill in it. Sew it to the hips.
Tail

If you sew all from inside, add seam allowance.
Sew inside

Stripes are painted with a felt-tip pen.
Chipmunk


Runo's site:
Boy Dolls
Cute underwear for men

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's lovely, thank you! :) /Vera

Anna said...

What a beautiful squirrel!
I was looking for a squirrel to give along with a children's book series called The Mistmantle Chronicles, and this is perfect. There are lots of moles, otters and hedgehogs in the books, too -- if you ever come up with a pattern for any of those, I'd be happy to use them! :-)

Greetings from Sweden,

Anna

Anonymous said...

Hi Runo
I have found your great blog, which I really like it. I enjoyed to read your posts and wonderful dolls.
I was wondering if you would be interested in sharing your posts and ideas on Glipho? It's a quite new social publishing platform for bloggers, where you can connect to every social network accounts.

Asia-majstruje said...

Thank you very much for sharing this pattern! I used it in my project:
http://asia-majstruje.blogspot.com/2013/10/co-sie-wykluo-z-zoedzi.html

Greetings from Poland,
Asia

Unknown said...

Wow i love it!

I linked you and the pattern.
I use it for our crochet Along we also use felt patterns.
I maked the squirrel i must say it wasn't that easy for me ;-) but i love the result.

Anonymous said...

Hi - thanks for the tutorial. I taught my 10 yr old daughter how to sew with this project and it turned out so cute.

Monique

merrilyn said...

Hi Runo, Thank you for sharing your lovely squirrel pattern.
Greetings from Australia!
Merrilyn

clair de lutin said...

Thank you very much for this patern, my son will enjoy it.

From france, Claire

David Chavez said...

You have no idea how much joy this little one has brought into my life. I will always be thankful for it

Unknown said...

Really cute squirrel! I made it from an old suede jacket, an old fuzzy face cloth for the belly and used a big fur pompom for the tail, it looks amazing!! Suede is definitely trickier to stitch through though!
Thankyou for the pattern, it is beautiful and dimensional and perfect!