Aug 21, 2010

Mini kimono

I received questions about kimono for small felt doll.

So I show how to make.
Pattern is on this page (I improved it a little).

Cutting.
Kimono parts

Sew up the middle of the back from inside.
Sew the back

Sew sleeve (A to B) from outside. I used blanket stitch.
Sew the side (D to E).
Unsew B to C to D.
Sew the sleeve
If you make boy's kimono, sew B to C and C to D. It is a rule. You may ignore.

Sew the collar to the bodice. Overlap 1 or 2 millimetres.
Sew the collar

Obi is 1.5 × 32 centimetres. You may use a ribbon.
Girl in kimono

11 comments:

DollZandThingZ said...

Thank you!

Mila said...

Thank you!!! super!

Chiara said...

I love your creations!! wonderful!!! =D

Libélula Noivos said...

So beautiful and easy (now)..thank you!!!!!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Oh my gosh this is so, so cute! Thanks so much, I'll be linking.

Chantal said...

So sweet! Thanks for sharing : )

Teresa Ap Aquino Soranso said...

I love your creations! Very, very beautifull.
Kisses,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Amazing.

Liberty said...

Adorable. Quel talent.

MrsAmyS said...

This pattern is so simple and so easy. Thank you for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Will make a great gift for a young friend.